The girls have these books called Fancy Nancy. They are about this little girl who just loves to be fancy, and her family does not. Emma immediately fell in love with this story (I think empathizing with Fancy Nancy!) and wanted to make her room fancy just like Fancy Nancy. I told her we had to ask Briley first because it is her room too. Well, Briley quickly agreed and the fancification of their room began. We started last May and finally finished after New Year's. THis project catapulted me into the seriously crafty mom category!
I fancied up the chair that the girls are sitting in making sparkle-y princess pillows to sit on and the pink shiny satin cover. I put rhintestones on it (they lasted a day-Logan thought they were too cool for the chair!) and pink ribbons. This is what happens when Andy goes snowboarding with the scouts for 3 days!
Emma wanted to fancy up for her picture in her fancy chair. This suits her all too well! She chose her fancy stuff right down to her glittery lip gloss.

Briley has a style all her own. She made her fancy hat (like the bonnets from the old days in the 1700s according to her!) and the blanket makes a beautiful scarf!

The before...

...and after of this corner

Before...

...and after

Since the girls share a room and don't have a place where they can go to be alone, I wanted to make curtains for their beds. Now they have their own little space where they can be all alone. You can't see in the picture but the fabric is shiny and shimmery with pink stars and gold swirls backed with pink satin. They both love having a little place of their very own where they can hide.
3 comments:
what a cool mom to create such an awesome room!
That is one fancy schmancy room! How many trips to the craft aisle did that take? Meg would love that!
We too, love the fancy nancy book. I think everyone will think that Briley and Emma are movie stars!
Post a Comment