Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Briley!


Briley turned 9. I asked when I got old enough to have a 9 year old, and a friend said, "Today." And I smiled. I can't believe she is 9. She told me some of her favorite things today.

Favorite color: Blue
Favorite animal: horse
Favorite food: gnocchi
Favorite book: James and the Giant Peach
Favorite scripture/story: The Good Samaritan
Favorite school subject: reading
Favorite free time activity: reading
Favorite place to go: Grandmere and Papa’s condo
One place she would go: Washington DC to visit the President
Favorite birthday moment: riding her bike at the church
She has grown so fast. 
 After dinner, she got to open her presents...


and we saved the best for  last. But look at her face. I am sure she is thinking, "Really? This is the best you could come up with? I really don't want one of these!"
 Doesn't every kid want a big bike? Not mine! She was so terrified of it, but we convinced her to give it a try because she would get the hang of it eventually.
 And she almost crashed but Daddy caught her...

and then she tried some more...



 and wore her Daddy out so cousin Orrin took over. But she did it! She learned how to ride a two wheeled bike on her birthday!
                                 And we came home for some much deserved ice cream cake!



No comments: