Tuesday, September 7, 2010

day 9: Hood River, Oregon to Anderson Island, Washington

Today we had to pack up and leave Tucker Park. It was a sad thing really. If not for the promise of friends on Anderson Island, I am not sure that we would have finished the planned trip to Washington. We probably would have stayed here!

Since the "sweet spot" still had not shifted back to Event Site, we headed west to Rooster Rock State Park where the wind was. Andy got his last day of kiteboarding in on this vacation. He sure has enjoyed it!
While Andy was kiting, the kids played at a park and down by the river. And I, of course, took photos. If I had more time, I would have edited them before posting, but then you would not see them any time soon!



We thank you, Oregon for a marvelous vacation! And we will come back soon!


Mount St Helens in the distance.


The farthest north we would travel was to Anderson Island, at the very south end of Puget Sound. As the name suggests, we left the mainland for a small island, where our friends awaited our arrival. We took a small ferry that lasted about 20 minutes from Steilacoom and and the kids thought it was great that we were in our car on a boat in the ocean!

No comments: