skip to main |
skip to sidebar
The beach (even in the winter)
I had a photography moment while watching my kids play in the water. The texture of the sand and the water and even the building's reflection just caught my eye.
I love this one. My purpose was the pattern in the sand, but there is a bonus. I just love the fisherman in the corner, almost as though he is an afterthought, but still part of the scene.
Again, I was struck by the patterns of the reflections in the water, including Emma's.
Is this not the happiest boy in the world?! He is never as happy anywhere as he is at the beach...
The beach has really become a personal playground to him. He stands here and just stares at the waves, mesmerized, then he breaks from his reverie and runs like crazy in circles so the waves can't catch him.
This little boy is in heaven at the beach. The water, the sand, the seagulls...why is it when we are young we are so convinced that we can catch sea gulls?
We have been to the beach often enough that I am beginning to look for more creative shots. Unfortunately the picture was a little blurred but it almost adds to the effect. I wanted her silhouette as she chased the retreating waves. This picture makes me think of childhood, the carefree feeling...
2 comments:
oh, I can't wait to get back there this summer. I really look forward to our annual trips to see you guys. I think this year it will be our 4th or 5th? I love tha the beach is still an option in February. That is so cool. It's just so cold here right now!
oh, I can't wait to get back there this summer. I really look forward to our annual trips to see you guys. I think this year it will be our 4th or 5th? I love tha the beach is still an option in February. That is so cool. It's just so cold here right now!
Post a Comment