
We spend a lot of our time during the summer in water. Knowing that summer is coming and camping at the beach next month, I wanted to make sure that they each have a couple of swim suits. We were at Target and Emma found one she really liked. It was pink and had more pink ruffles on it. It was her, just perfect. We moved on to the next on item on my list: church shoes for Logan. As we passed through the girl aisle to get to shoes for Logan, Emma stopped dead in her tracks. Turning to see what had

stopped her, I saw them; the most perfect little shoes for her. She already had a pair out of the box and halfway on her feet before I could mention that we were here for shoes for her brother. "Mommy, they fit perfectly!" was her response to my impatient sigh. The shoes were actually 3 sizes too big. I don't think she saw that. The shoes fit her perfectly, meaning that they were pink, sparklely and very fancy-something Fancy Nancy would be proud to wear. I caved, giving her the choice between the swimsuit she needed and the shoes she wanted. I actually expected her to chose the swimsuit she had just been gushing about not 5 minutes before. To my irritated surprise, she

chose the shoes. The choice to her was actually between the shoes she
needed
and the swimsuit she
wanted. She has not wasted the money in any way! She wears them faithfully every day (and night), sometimes with socks, sometimes without.

Even Logan has taken a liking to them! Ok, so he will wear anyone's shoes, these are just the pinkest shoes he's ever tried on!
What can I do? She does add a little sparkle to our lives!
3 comments:
What a nice mommy! She'd probably forget the bathing suit one day, but she may just remember how her mom bought her the pinkest, most sparkly shoes ever.
Nice shoes Cam!
I mean Logan...
Post a Comment