Sunday, February 1, 2009

My little girl

A friend of mine is having a baby soon and so I made a little quilt for her baby shower gift. I do this often for friends, and my girls come to expect me making a blanket come baby showers. Emma's favorite little friend, (the daughter of one of my dearest friends) was having her birthday yesterday. She wanted to have a baby shower themed birthday party. So naturally, Emma thought we should make a quilt for her friend's baby doll. We set to work. I did the cutting and the final decorative stitching around the quilt, but Emma did the rest! She was so pleased with herself! And her friend was delighted!

The little quilter at work
The finished product (can you feel her pride by that grin?!)

And the very happy recipient! (her baby is wrapped int he quilt)

2 comments:

The Wilcken 7 said...

Why is it that I see this on your blog and I cry? Thank you Emma and "Mom" for such a sweet and thoughtful present. Brooklyn has slept with Ashly and her blanket since she got it!

Dawn said...

I am so impressed! Good job Emma!