A long time ago I decided that I would make use of my wedding dress in an unusual way. I knew that my girls would probably never want it, and I did not want to store it for my lifetime. Besides, I shared it with a friend and thus I was only entitled to half of it. What do you do with half a wedding dress? Make something else! I decided that I wanted my girls to have my wedding dress in the only way I could give it to them. Briley will be baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in only a few short months. I am making her baptism dress from my wedding dress. I started making the dress, and in my very limited skills, I messed it up. I have only made Halloween costumes before and never from material that had special significance. So before I used up all of my wedding dress material with nothing but waste to show, I decided I needed a practice run! I chose fabric that was similar to that of my dress so I could have some practice working with it. Naturally it was pink!
Sunday, February 1, 2009
a gift
A long time ago I decided that I would make use of my wedding dress in an unusual way. I knew that my girls would probably never want it, and I did not want to store it for my lifetime. Besides, I shared it with a friend and thus I was only entitled to half of it. What do you do with half a wedding dress? Make something else! I decided that I wanted my girls to have my wedding dress in the only way I could give it to them. Briley will be baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in only a few short months. I am making her baptism dress from my wedding dress. I started making the dress, and in my very limited skills, I messed it up. I have only made Halloween costumes before and never from material that had special significance. So before I used up all of my wedding dress material with nothing but waste to show, I decided I needed a practice run! I chose fabric that was similar to that of my dress so I could have some practice working with it. Naturally it was pink!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Such a great idea...I love it.
Good job! I can't wait to see the finished dress!
Post a Comment