Sunday, June 21, 2009

Emma J is 6!

Miss Emma J turned 6 this month! Emma and I have always shared a particularly special bond. When she was an infant, she was needy and clingy, to a point that it bothered me. But because she needed me so much, and still does, a bond was forged between us that is different than what I have with the other kids. Why I tell you this I am not sure, except that it is on my mind as I look at these pictures from her birthday. She finished up kindergarten a few days ago and is moving on to first grade. There is something significant about going in to first grade. She is not little anymore. She is a kid. I didn't cry her first day, but I nearly did on her last day of kindergarten!
Emma has a sense for style and fashion. So for her birthday, we got her a cosmetic box and filled it with sparkly pony tail holders and head bands, nail polish, shower gel and lotion, and her own silver hair brush. I have never seen her so excited for a gift! Not even her two wheeled bike!


Of all the possible cake designs and colors, all she wanted was a flower cake. I had to search all over the place to find that cake pan, it cracked when I took it out of the pan, and the frosting was almost crunchy because I frosted it while the cake was too hot, but that smile on her face was totally worth it!

Happy Birthday Princess!

Oh, and apparently we have done a good job teaching fire safety. She held her hair back all on her own!

No comments: