Saturday, September 5, 2009
A Lesson in Teamwork
Remember the post a few months back about my limits? I have limits, and when those limits are reached, I can, on occasion, snap. Today, I snapped. The girls have such moments...moments when they are the best of friends...moments when they bicker and fight. They seem to bring out this selfish streak in each other. For a couple of weeks now, as we are still adjusting to being back in school and everybody is crazy exhausted, the girls have been so selfish and rude to each other. They could not be in the same room at the same time, which poses a difficult situation when you share the same room and it needs to be cleaned. So after a couple hours of relentless tattling, my limit was reached and I snapped. A lesson in teamwork followed. I taped them together to teach them to move together, to help each other. About an hour in, Emma was starting to figure things out, but Briley is a bit more stubborn (I honestly don't know where she gets that from...)
. Bri just sat there, angry and pouty while Em did her best to clean with this dead weight attached.
About 4 hours in, Briley finally got up, though she was still speaking rudely and dragging Emma around (which Emma didn't take too well). About 6 hours into the day, they finally started working together...

and after 8 hours they finished, lessons learned and with smiles on their faces! Ahh, sweet success!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow, that's pretty extreme, but it worked. Just think what 10 years from now will bring. You're gonna need a bigger roll of tape!
Post a Comment