It gets pretty hot where my brother lives and so at their parks are these water fountains designed for kids to play in. The kids had so much fun and we were there for hours! (The two extra boys are my brother's kids)

How many of you know what this is?! I had heard of them but had certainly never seen one operational before! My mom found a bunch of old 8mm films of my dad's childhood. So while I was at my brother's (my dad flew in to surprise me for my birthday-so many surprises this year!) my dad and I pulled out the films and watched for hours. It was really fun to watch those old films (sorry dad-they are old!) and see my family in a time long before me! My grandpa actually had black hair (I have only known him with silver) and I loved to see my grandma so young and healthy. My dad and his brother's were quite entertaining to watch as well!
This shot just amused me. This is an old fire truck from the early 1960s and Logan was just enthralled (notice the shirt he is wearing)
After my brother's we headed to my mom's. While there we went to the jelly belly factory. It was surprisingly fun and the kids had a great time on the tour.
While at my mom's, Cameron became more of a little boy than ever. He started unscrewing drawer pulls and taking screws out of her kitchen chairs. So I went to Lowes and and grabbed some wood, screws, drawer pulls and a screw driver. I thought if he had his own stuff, he would stop dismantling my mom's house. I was wrong! Instead I had armed him with his own screw driver. Before we left he had taken the strike plates off of two doors and some parts from her exercise machine (in addition to all the other screws he'd taken!). Little stinker!
We also took advantage of the local peach orchards and went to pick some peaches. It was really fun and the kids enjoyed that a lot. As we drove passed the orchards on the way home they were already asking when we could pick peaches again.



A problem with having four kids is that you come for 5 pounds or so of peaches and end up with 20 pounds! It took us a week to eat all those peaches!
2 comments:
what a great adventure! And the peaches, yummy!
Sounds like fun. I just had to laugh at the screw driver thing with Cameron. Maybe it's a red head thing ?!?
Post a Comment