Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Just do it.
It's cliche. I know. But it has certainly become part of my daily routine. Several months ago I decided that I needed to lose the extra weight hanging around after my babies and I needed to get my heart healthy. I started getting up around 6 to workout and clean up before my kids went to school. But it was a struggle. And then one day I was walking through the mall and passed by a fitness store. Lady Footlocker or something. On a mannequin was a shirt with a slogan that has pushed me through as my morning got earlier to 5:15. I needed to get up earlier so I can make my spirituality as strong as my physical body. But let me tell you how early 5:15 is! I get up before the sun. Long before. The slogan on the shirt read, "Just do it. Every damn day, just do it." I don't swear and I don't condone it. Personally, I think it is a weak use of vocabulary. But I just can't find a word that replaces it here. It seems to emphasize in just the right way (I still don't like using it though). Most days I drag myself out of bed when the alarm goes off, stumbling in the dark. But I do it every day. This phrase is often what runs through my mind as I force myself out of bed. And now, I am strong, spiritually and physically. I have quiet "me" time in the absolute stillness of the early morning that sets the tone for my day. My heart gives me little trouble. After 10 years and four babies, I could still fit into my wedding dress (if I hadn't made it into a baptism dress for Briley!). I don't crave junk food. Just do it. Every. Damn. Day. Just. Do. It. There it is. My way through the holidays and winter. My way to a healthy spirit and healthy body. I have never felt better. (I am open to suggestions to replace that word too!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's awesome!!! Can I re-post this on our Girls In Shape blog? So inspirational, and funny, too! Sometimes a swear word just expresses something perfectly. Like frustration. Or perseverance, in this case :)
Post a Comment