Sunday, November 1, 2009

Pumpkins and kids

We took the kids to the pumpkin patch a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to go up into the mountains to a farm, and we were heading that way, and Andy got sidetracked by this patch on the side of the freeway. He likes grocery store pumpkins because they are cheap. I like pumpkin patches because they remind me it's fall (even if it's 95 degrees outside). As it turns out, this patch is a local farm that packs up their wares and heads out to a larger space. So I guess it was a compromise!
The kids just loved these huge pumpkins and really wanted to bring one home.


But we talked them into the little pumpkins instead because they make better pumpkin pies!

(I thought I did a fair job with the photos so you can't see the freeway!)


I love watching them walk back to the car with their treasured pumpkins. Their little faces were so red and they were so hot though. So we went to get ice cream afterwards!

No comments: