pumpkins and be done with it today. Then they will sit in the freezer just awaiting their turn to be used in some tasty dish. I know that canned pumpkin tastes just fine, and that there is very little difference in the way recipes come out. But this activity helps me to remember that somewhere in the world the weather is cooling down and the leaves change color. Our day is coming soon, usually about Thanksgiving our weather stays cool. Pumpkin is my favorite ingredient this time of year and I love to find new recipes. This year we have tried a pumpkin pasta (thanks to my friend for that recipe!) and pumpkin ice cream is next on the list of new adventures. I hope the kids enjoy our pumpkin sacrificing and the ensuing tasty dishes! (Oh and since I let them cut their own pumpkins and clean them out to roast the seeds, they never asked about carving jack-o-lanterns this year! That's four less pumpkins we have to buy!)
Monday, November 2, 2009
my favorite tradition
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment