Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hail fascinates us...






It started raining on Sunday and has rained everyday for almost a week. We have seen breaks and the sun even, but crazy weather! All of us had trouble sleeping the other night because of the noise from the wind and thunder. Yesterday was by far the coldest day topping out at about 45 degrees. The wind was persistent all day as was the precipitation. But then we got a treat (those of you who actually get weather are probably laughing at this comment!). It hailed. The hail was about the size of peas and I thought for sure that it would dent my car as I drove home from taking Briley to lunch. It didn’t, but I sure had to slow down on the roads! I couldn’t believe that our street turned white! All the kids got another “recess” at school to go outside and check out the hail. We are easily amused around here. And it made me wonder as Briley told me that Mr. Parker (the principal) said the kids could have recess in the auditorium if they were too cold, what do kids in Utah do for recess in the winter? Do they bundle up and play outside anyway? Or do they have inside recess all winter?

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Hail! Ha! We have friends in Alaska and they go out to recess until 10* BELOW zero! I guess they all just have layers...brr