Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year's!

(sorry about the little finger-Cam had the camera)
After Christmas I took a break from my computer. Apparently it was insulted or something because my hard drive crashed the very day I got back to work catching up on things. After a heartbreaking few moments I discovered that all was not lost because I had backed up before we went to Virginia in October. Then my mom had grabbed a bunch of pictures and scrapbook pages off my drive while at her house last week. So I only lost about 20 pictures, my documents folder and my contacts list (forgot to back those up).All things considered, it could have been a tragedy. Needless to say I have determined to back everything up using an automatic system that backs up online all on it's own. Perfect. So I am recovering from that and New Year's Eve came along. Friends came over for dinner and I had prepared a couple yummy desserts in anticipation of a long, fun evening of movies and puzzles with the kids. It came fast and hard.
By 7:30 I was begging our friends with my thoughts to leave for their next evening activity. By 8:30 I was begging Andy to find the strongest pain killers he could find (my throat hurt so badly I was nearly crying to swallow). We celebrated the ringing in of the New Year with New York and I was in bed and asleep before 9:15. I'm not sure if the kids stayed up or not, but by morning, I felt ok. Strange one.

No comments: