I have to tell this funny story about Cameron. Yesterday I heard this really loud thump and was expectantly waiting for the ensuing screams of pain. Instead, Cam comes bolting out of his room, "Mommy, you have to watch me jump out of my bunkbed!" Not really hearing what he was telling me I told him not to do it because he could get hurt. And he says, "No, come watch me jump. I can do it." It finally clicked together-the really loud thump and Cam's comment. So I asked him, "Did you seriously just jump out of your bunkbed?" His response? "Well, yeah." So with a little more interest I told him not to do it again because he could break something like his arm or his leg. He looks at me with the most serious expression on his face and says, "No, Heavenly Father made my legs with super glue. They won't ever break!" Ahh, the invinicibility complex begins so young! What kind of life do you think this little guy is going to lead? I am not so sure my heart can take it! At least he has a lot of faith in the body Heavenly Father made for him!
He brought me in his room this morning so he could show me how he jumps off his bed. I was a little hesitant but I wanted to see what he would really do. So he climbed to the top of the rail on Logan's bed and jumped. Ok, still not that great but it was only half the height of what I thought he had jumped! How long until it's from the top? Andy, when he was about 7 or 8 thought he could fly. So he climbed to the top of his bunk bed, with super hero cape attached and little airplane in hand, jumped off his bed. Heflew for a second or two and then he met the ground rather quickly. He ended up with stitches in his chin. I don't give Cameron that long. I give him two years tops until he tries it from the top! Any bets?
3 comments:
I love the fact that he does trust so much in Heavenly Father! What a great comment he said about his little body. And, if I were to guess, I'd give him a year and a half before he tries it from the top. :o)
I love boys!! The stitches and staples are inevitable but lucky for him and for you he knows he will watched over and protected by his Father in Heaven. What a sweetheart!
oh dang. He's too smart for hos own good!
Post a Comment