This sidewalk needlessly and viciously attacked a young 3 year old boy on Thursday afternoon. The child was innocently riding his scooter down the hill when the sidewalk jumped up and pushed him in the back to the ground. The child was not hurt seriously, but did sustain several cuts and scratches that required Batman bandages on his arm, elbow, knees and little finger. He is expected to make a quick and full recovery. If anyone has information on the whereabouts of this terrible sidewalk, please contact the child's mother. This is not the first time this particular sidewalk has claimed the hide of one of her children...
So maybe it wasn't this innocent. This is another adventure in the life of Cameron. On Thursday, we walked to school to pick up the girls. There is a rather steep hill in the way of our house and the school. Cam decided it looked exciting and wanted to ride his scooter down the hill. I told him not push himself down the hill, to just let go and he would still fly down the hill. He found the speed exhilarating and was pushing himself faster and faster. His scooter started to wobble a little, but he was still mostly in control. But he suddenly realized that he had to stop quickly or his sidewalk would run out and he would hit the street. Instead of trying to slow down, he jumped. I still laugh when I think about this. Why does jumping seem like a smart idea? He had way to much forward momentum so as soon as his feet hit the sidewalk, he flew right over his scooter and slammed into the concrete. All I could do was laugh because I knew it would happen. Emma did this very same kamikazi stunt not even 6 months ago with pretty much the same results except the cuts and scratches were in slightly different places. I calmed his screaming down, promised the Batman bandaids when we got home and he climbed in the stroller for a break. Barely a few minutes later, he climbed out of the stroller and started right back down the hill! He is getting stronger and braver with each passing day. I have given up freaking out when he starts to do something stupid because he won't listen anyway. I just hug him, give him the necessary kisses and bandages and send him on his merry way.
2 comments:
You make me smile! I love your wanted ad.... sorry Cameron. I know you also said in one of your other posts that you have a vacancy in your double stroller... well look no further, we can fill that position, I have a child or two or five that could fill in for awhile! I love you.
YOu ar elearning quickly for a mother of boys...good luck with the little kamakazi!
Post a Comment