Right after fall, spring is my favorite season. Since we don't really have fall here, I guess that makes spring my favorite!

We made our annual trip to our favorite nursery downtown last Saturday. I look forward to this trip all winter, and I am starting to think the kids do too. Andy plants and maintains our fruit and vegetable garden while I get to do the flowers. He even installed a drip system for me this year so that I don't have to remember to water my flowers.

My flowers just may make it this year passed May! I also started an herb garden this year, which I am very excited about!

I have been picking up flowers here and there while the kids have been at school and planting them. Since we went on a Saturday the kids got to come.

When they saw me picking out flowers they each wanted to pick out their own. They all got to dig the holes and plant their flowers they picked.

They are supposed to help water them since the flowers belong to them, but I guess you can't expect it all from 4 little ones!

Cameron, what does a sunflower do when the sun goes down?
"It goes like this...curls up and closes it's eyes to go to sleep."


(Andy is behind Cam planting the seeds and the following conversation occurred after he showed what sunflowers do)
Cameron, why are you whispering while daddy plants the vegetable seeds?
"Because they are sleeping. Mommy, you have to whisper or you are going to wake up the little seeds."
Cam, they are just seeds. I don't think they are sleeping.
"No Mommy. They are sleeping. And soon they will poke their heads out of the dirt and wake up. Please whisper Mommy and don't wake them up."
Ok Buddy, I will whisper.
"Thank you for whispering Mommy."
(the kid really makes me laugh!)
1 comment:
I can't wait for spring! It's stinkin' 6 more weeks!
Post a Comment